Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rdesktop compile problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serbtastic

Vendor
Feb 17, 2003
CA
I'm getting the following error when trying to compile rdesktop 1.2.0 on Solaris 8:

cc -DKEYMAP_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/rdesktop/keymaps/\" -O -I/usr/openwin/include -o rdesktop.o -c rdesktop.c
/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'rdesktop.o'

}Does anyone know how to fix this?

You don't have the Sun Workshop Compiler installed. SUNWspro is the package name.

Perhaps you meant to use another cc, in which case you should alter your PATH?

Annihilannic.

Good Afternoon,

I'm running Solaris9 and I'm receiving the exact same error as Serbtastic however I can guanantee that I have much less experience in the IT field than he does (3 mos so far), so I have a couple more questions.

I have SUNWsprot and SUNsprox on my machine. I just installed the entire Solaris companion CD yesterday.

I tried to change my PATH in /etc/default/login and it reads:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/bin:/usr/ucb

only after I save it doesn't take (even if I reboot which I'm not sure if I have to do or not) so I set it up in a terminal session. So I run ./configure and then I try to run make when it tells me to. This is when I get the above-mentioned error. Any help would be appreciated, just please keep in mind that I'm a total newbie learning as I go. Oh ya, and I'm not sure how to set SUNWspot in my path, but that is probably obvious by now ;)

Thanks in advance!

Tammy

There is a .profile in your home directory. This is where you should set up stuff like the PATH and other variables.

Personaly I wouldn't use the SUN cc compiler it can be a bit slack at times. Use gcc instead which can be downloaded from

SUNWsprot is not the same as SUNWspro. SUNWsprot just includes a few compiler tools, the cpp preprocessor, make, etc. It is a part of the standard OS.

SUNWspro costs money, and is usually installed in /opt/SUNWspro.

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back