Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDC license? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursten

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
PT
Hi,

I have CR8.0 installed. I can create a report in the designer, however when using RDC I get a message saying that my evolution copy has expired... Do I need a special license to use RDC?

Thank you

Have you registered CR8?

Did you download the RDC from the CR web site and install it on a machine other than the one you have CR loaded on?

How are you deploying the reports?

mlmcc

Hi,

I ddidn´t register...The Cd is original.. but didn´t register. I just try to use crystal designer inside visual basic and get that error.

As I recall if you don't register the license is limited to some number of days. I may be wrong. Recommend you register the software. You will get a string to enter then you shouldn't have problems.

mlmcc

But that limits only the utilization of the designer or of all the RDC components?

Thank you

I don't know. You may want to contact Crystal Decisions. I suspect it will limit all uses.

mlmcc

I think you may need ask your local crystal branch to ask for a permanent key code.

Ted

When you register CR online you get a permanent key code.

mlmcc

What version of 8.0 are you using? If you're using Standard, you can't use the RDC in Visual Basic to publish reports...you must have Developer version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back