Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDC Crystal Viewer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickkcir

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
I am using RDC and the Crystal Viewer to display reports in a VB6 application. However, while there is a print button on the Crystal Viewer, there is no print setup button where I can select Landscape or Portrait, or select which printer I want to go to. This option is available with Crystals' compiled executables.

I am trying to come up with a way to distribute reports without using executables (since they are no longer available in Crystal 9), yet I can't find a way that is as robust with the same options as the executable. I find Crystal's Web Viewer very limited, especially as it relates to export options.

I initially loved setting up Crystal Reports using VB6 and the RDC, but as I can't seem to find a solution on how to set my print setup options, and I don't see a way to include the number of records cycled through and percent complete like the Crystal compiled executable has.

If someone has any ideas to my specific problem, or a better quality way to distribute Crystal Reports without using Crystals' compiled executables, and at the same time not losing any functionality, I would appreciate your response. Thank you.

I agree that the lack of a Printer Setup button in CRViewer is a glaring omission.

In my DataLink Viewer software I invoke the Printer Setup dialog when the user clicks on the Print button. If you take care of the "Default" argument in the clicked event of the button, and the various possible scenarios (e.g., user clicks Cancel from the setup dialog) you should be able to achive the same behavior.

hth,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back