Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDC and sub-reports questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nro

Programmer
May 15, 2001
CA
Hi all.

I'm working with Crystal 10 and I want to know if it's possible to retrieve the names of all the sub-reports of a main report thru VB (or VFP) with RDC.

The main purpose of this is to open the main report (product list, for example), change tables locations, then open all the sub-reports (loRep.OpenSubreport .. - Sales summaries) and change all their tables locations.

It's not always the same sub-reports names because the user can change the links, add sub-reports ou use an other sub-report in the main report.

My application is an universal viewer (written in VFP) and the only report name known is the main report.

Thanks for any help

Nro

I don't know about RDC, but you can get a lot of information about the report using File > Export for Report Definition

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks for the idea.

It seems very simple to write some code to export it in a text file, open the file and search for the .RPT

Nro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back