Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RDAC? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon82

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
MY
Hi,

From my previous post, Mr./Ms. comtec17 have pointed out about RDAC. I have heard about such software. Nevertheless, I am not sure about it's function. Why do we need RDAC?

Also, what is RVT? Why do we need RVT? Any differene between RDAC and RVT? Where can we get such softwares? Haha, I may have asked too much. Sorry about it.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. :)

Warmest Regards,
Boon

RDAC is used if you have more than one path to the disk from your server. It is a multipathing driver. For example, you have 2 HBA's in your server each have LUN1 for Storage Array A assigned to them. In this case you would use the RDAC driver. This would allow the system to see both drives as a single drive not 2 seperate drives.

What Emulex HBA are you using?

Hi comtec17. I'm using x2 LP9002's per server with VxVM providing the DMP at OS level. So the disk is seen twice by VxVM abfter being mapped once per HBA in elxcfg.

Is this RDAC driver for Unix only?

Cheers - Tim

Thanks, comtec17. Now i know, hehe. I am using LP952L for Windows and LP9002L for Solaris.

By the way, I was understood that RDAC is available for Win2K and Solaris.

Regards,
Boon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back