Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chikn

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2001
US
What must I do on each machine to allow rcp between them without getting "permision denied". I have the correct entries for the 2 computers in question in the hosts.equiv file as suggested in the man page.

Add the user hostname in .rhosts of the home directory. I had tried in other flavours of unix , but iam not sure whther it works on SCO oin or not. U can try it out

Hi guys,

I have been fighting with this already 2 weeks. I can't figure this out. I am trying to use rcp also on SCO Unix Sys/V to copy data files from a Primary Unix server to a Secondary Unix server. could you please tell me how to do this. I don't know what are the changes i need to bring on both system.

Please help me.

Many thanks guys.
Salim

Things to make sure of:

/etc/hosts.equiv - both systems should have themselves and the remote system listed. I have found that you may need to have the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) or just the hostname depending on how the systems resolve ip<->name.

$HOME/.rhosts - same info as hosts.equiv but permissions on file must be 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back