Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCF on Partner working, but lines are not disconnecting when callers hang up

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I have a client who just activated the RCF feature on a Parter R6. It is working, except when the call is completed the lines stay in use. They have to be disconnected at the station that the call was transferred to. Is this something that #203 can help with, or is it a carrier issue? I haven't seen this before. Any thoughts appreciated!

It is usually a carrier issue. No clear disconnect. Most common on emulated analog lines... Like cable modem lines.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

It's an issue with Partner systems and cable modem lines as budbyrd stated. I have had carriers that have been able to fix it with reliable disconnect/clear disconnect/whatever their carrier calls it, but I have had some systems where the client stopped forwarding because the carrier couldn't resolve it even after adding reliable disconnect.

Thank you for the responses. Has anyone had any help using #203 settings? I know back in the day when I worked on a lot of Partners sometimes that helped when calls would get hung up in the AA. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back