Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableMonkey

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
Are there any RCDD’S out there? I am thinking about getting my RCDD and have a few questions. I went to the BICSI website and see that they require a $100 application fee, $100 exam fee and a $150 membership fee. Are there any other fees?

I have a few years of cabling experience. What training material should I get to prepare for the test and were can I get it? I am short on time and money, so I would rather do self-study than attend the instructor lead classes.

You will need 2 years of verifiable design experience before you can apply for the RCDD exam.
At a minimum you will need to buy the TDMM current edition and study like you have no other care in the world for at least 3 weeks if not 6. The exam is 280 questions in 3 1/2 hours.
Less than 1 out of 4 pass the exam the first time.

Good luck

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back