Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCDD/OSP Desgin Freelance Business 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noles1

MIS
May 31, 2005
US
How would you recommend me getting started? I am currently employed by a A/E firm, but would like to get something for myself on the side. Any ideas?

If you plan on doing any consulting and/or design work I would strongly suggest you look into Professional Liability insurance FIRST and see what they require for experience.
Providing design work without Liability insurance would NOT be a wise decision.

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

I am wiring my house with cat5e and would prefer to have multiple junction points instead wiring the "home runs" that my ETCON DD1 directs (what I am told is a 110 block - 4 line input by 12 home run locations, though it doesn't say so on the packaging). Can I run a DD1 line to another DD1 somewhere else to feed the jacks in that area of the house? If not, can I extend cat5e wires (by patching ends together to route attic to another attic to room?

Thanks,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back