Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC Report Error - Invalid TLV Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2008
US
Help!

When I try to pull a historical report using RCC, I always get the error "Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer (0x80043AE3), Invalid TLV Record. /rcc/report_pages/common/AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, line 61"

I've built RCC on four different XP-SP2 workstations, connected to two different BCM400 ver 4.0 phone switches, and always get the same error. I followed the documentation to the letter, but have had no luck. I've checked the databases, and they always check out okay. I can pull data from the databases succsessfully, and view the real-time screens just fine. I only have one copy of RCC running at a time. The workstations had clean XP-SP2 installs with no other Java versions on them. I've racked my brains for several days, trying to get this resolved, and our call center manager is really getting on my case.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I found the problem! After much soul-searching, I questioned what was in common with all the workstations that could prevent them from working. The answer is that they are all on our domain. I built a new XP-SP2 machine from scratch and left it on a workgroup. It worked perfectly. Apparently, there's something in our domain's group policies that prevents this from working. I don't know what it is at this time, because I haven't had time to dig, but I'll need to join this to the domain eventually. Right now, at least the call center manager is off my back, and I can work on the other projects that have piled up while I was wasting time on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back