Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RCC Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

efac

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2001
We recently applied some new patches to 3.6 for Voicemail and RCC. When we reloaded the RCC on the Windows 2003/IIS6 server, we can't get into the login page. Error below;

MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'webhost'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Followed the documentation and re-installed several times after deleting all folders without any sucess.

Do you get this error at the actual login page ?

On the system goto start then run enter odbcad32.exe and hit return under the system DSN tab, then select the BCM35 then configure, in the password field check that’s its blank save the settings and try again.

Tried without success. Why is password = yes when there is no password? If I could find what Asp file that resides in, I would trying changing it to NO and see if that works but I did a search within all files and didn't find it.

hmmm yes i have someone with a similar problem i will try and find the file to

ok the file that is loaded on login is

C:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\Reporting for Call Center\Website\rcc\main\login.asp

i don`t know much about ASP to help more

can you browse to this address ?

if you can it may help ?

Same problem. I did find the password in the default.asp in that directory but it didn't work. THe odbc connection works fine if I test it without a password. It fails if I put that password in.

thats strange i have completly the oposite problem on a fresh install what happens if you change the password in that default.asp to be blank ?

i carn`t work out how these .asp pages are conecting to the database did you have this issue before you upgraded ?

No, I didn't. That's the odd thing. I have another site on 3.7 without issues.

i`m wondering if during the upgrade the database wasnt converted corectly for some reason... and it now not letting you login.. how important is the existing data ?

I actually uninstalled the old DB and deleted all the folders. That's why I'm stuck. The data sits on the BCM so when get it going, it retrieves all the data anyway.

hmmm there must be something sitting there that your missing i would offer an RDP session but i have no way of passing my mail onto you

Not all the info sets on the BCM. The BCM has a buffer and when the buffer is full it overwrites on a FIFO basis. If you have already pulled the info to the RCC client that info is stored on the PC not the BCM I can send you some info on the call center config. Did you update the call center?

If so did you update the BCM with the RCC client running.

Marshall

I am able to get it working on a Windows XP machine without problems (a machine that never had the software). The server that had the old version (which was completly uninstalled) is having the problem. The BCM was updated while the RCC was still active. Wasn't advised to stop or shut it down.

I does state very clearly in the readme and the info screen when you start the patch to stop the rcc launcher service or uninstall the pc prior to installing the patch, i suggest you re-image the server you are having problems with and re install rcc

We've installed numerous patches and never had to do that. The tech who did the install should have advised us of that. Had a ticket with Nortel and they say the reason this is happening is that we are running more than 1 site in IIS. Although I had it working before, I think they have no idea and won't even touch it if it's not what they are used too.

To be honest I had a customer do the exact same thing and the problem was not with the PC but the BCM. The reason you need to stop the RCC server is because during the update the BCM update needs to update files that are being used by the RCC. The fact that the files are still being used means the software update can not write to them and this creates corruption.

Have you got the RCC working on a seperate machine?

The reason I ask the time we had to repair this for a client. The software would install but the RCC client would not pull the data form the BCM.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back