Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ray Baums Location Requirements started 6 Jan 2022 for Mobile/Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbojimbo

Vendor
Jul 2, 2002
US
Didn't see anyone else post.

Ray Baums mobile/remote location requirements are in full swing.

For any new install, upgrade of a system, or significant expansion, you should have a third party overlay for E911 location reporting for all your remote workers on Workplace on Windows or MAC, Avaya Agent for Desktop, and hardphones. For Android and iOS clients on cell phones you do not necessarily need an overlay application if you setup 911 to use cellular direct routing (although I still strongly recommend an E911 Solution).

Since this is a global forum, clarifying that this particular requirement only applies in the U.S.

gwebster, this is US federal law.

Just for my information, does it apply to all endpoints on a PBX or just the soft phones?

I'm sure one day in the future my Workplace on my Android could call 911 thru the PBX and Workplace could grab the X,Y,Z coordinates of wherever I am to push to the PSAP, but I'm fairly certain that's not a today thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back