Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RATE MY NETWORK... WHAT DO YOU THINK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugstable

Programmer
Feb 20, 2006
US
setting up a network for my uncles company. The current network config is here (nice diagram):

he basically has about 8 machines cabled and 3 machines wifi... It is a mixture of Mac, PC and Linux. We have a highspeed cable connection, about two tears above the base package... i want to swap out routers, we currently have a linksys wrt54gs. It also handles the wifi and firewall... The router i want to purchase is a Cisco SOHO 91 (SOHO91) Router (better quality, better firewall - i dont like LINKSYS)

1) Has anyone used a Cisco SOHO 91 (SOHO91) Router?
2) Can i still use my linkys and turn off everything but the wifi?
3) Does anyone else have major problems with linksys? My windows machines consistenly drop connections... i have to flush my dns on them often.

all comments and advice are welcome... I am a programmer who dabbles with network stuff.

You posted in the wrong forum, this forum is for Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back