Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rate-limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshu

ISP
Apr 18, 2002
IN
hi group,

I have 2610 router.We have coustomer to whom we r providing bandwith.I have a range of ip address for those cutomers.Now we want that we difne a group of ip address and restrict that group to 64 kbps that means any ip from that group start to access the bandwith should not get more than 64kbps if two cutomer are simulteniously browsing than 64 kbps should be diveded in 32+32 how can i do that plz help

Thanx in advance

Kaushalender

Lets say the customer has the following subnet 192.168.0.0/29.

First thing is to setup an access list (i'll use 60)

access-list 60 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.7

Now you need to enable that access list on the interface they are connected to (assuming s0)

int s0
rate-limit input access-group 60 64000 6000 12000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
rate-limit output access-group 60 64000 6000 12000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

That is all there is to it. I don't know the formula required to calculate the 6000 and 12000 but I'm sure you can find it on Cisco's website with some patience.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back