Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS Parameter Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavanKumarU

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
US
Hello everyone suffering with RASomania (like me!!),
RAS has become something like...'Cant Bare you, Cant live without you!!' for all Crystal Users. The document is so adequate and any help is Oasis. Hope someone helps me with this issue. I am feeling lost!!
We have created some ASP pages, that would be used to select a report in one page, read its parameters and display them in another page(with list boxes filled with possible values from which user picks up one) and the third page would 'set' these values to appropriate parameter. And then it directs to the interactiveviewer page that should display the report we opened, and set parameter values to in the Session Object.
The pages are working fine, setting the parameters and all that, but when it comes to the final page (i.e to display the executed report with data) it is still asking for parameter values. The msg it displays is "The report you requested requires parameter values." and displays all the parameters again!!> I am not able crack through it, unless i specify "showing" the report in the same page as i set the parameters. But as per our design we cant do that.
Please Help. Any help is much appreciated and will get a free prayer for more documentation for RAs.
Thanks,
Pavan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back