Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS Help....passing parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PavanKumarU

Programmer
Jan 31, 2003
US
hi,
Hope someone helps me with a workaround to this intriguing issue.
We have a set of reports that we made available to our intranet clients via the RDC. There are a set of asp files that read the parameters of each report (that are stored in a table (Hardcoding??!!)) and user selects/enters the values for each parameter. Once submitted the asp file picks up these values for the parameters, calls the reportviewer control and displays the report.
Now, we want to change it to RAS, keeping the changes to a minimum...i.e we want to keep all the parameter pages the same (custom HTML/ASP pages) and once the user selects the parameters call the report from RAS rather than calling the page that contains the reportviewer control.
My question is:
How do i call a report that is in a directory (that is obviously registered with RAS and Webserver) and pass the parameters to it?
Hope i was clear abt my question.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Pavan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back