Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS dial-in not verifying password

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBarrie

Technical User
Apr 15, 2002
GB
I have a Perle 833 RAS server which accepts and authenticates incoming connections received by a Multitech modem but fails to verify the user name and password when I dial in on another phone number where a US Robotics V90 modem is answering.

The modem does answer but the laptop I am dialling from goes from "Verifying user name and password" to "The Microsoft dial-up adapter is not configured to work with the current network configuration." However, since I can dial in on another number I cannot see how the problem could be with dial-up networking on the laptop. It seems to be something in the US Robotics modem's configuration that is not letting it communicate properly with the RAS server. Can anyone suggest what?

Your RAS might have a dial back setup to the phone number that seems to work, you might have to set it up for the phone number that doesn't. (just a guess)[thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back