Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS and Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyute

MIS
Nov 2, 2001
US
Hey,

I am having a problem with RAS and subreports. I can get a report without subreports to come up fine but if I reference a report that has a subreport it either gives me a logon error or a query engine error. I am using Active Data and passing a filled DataSet into the Report. The DataSet for the Report and subreport will be the same. The DataSet is filled from a database and the report was created using an XML file that is based off of the database. The following code works for non-subreport reports. Can anyone tell me what I need to add so I can use subreports based off of a DataSet?

Public Sub CreateReport(ByVal dSet As DataSet, ByVal report As String)

m_crReportDocument = New ReportClientDocument()
m_crReportDocument.ReportAppServer = "127.0.0.1"

m_crReportDocument.Open("C:\Inetpub\ & report & ".rpt")
m_crReportDocument.DatabaseController.SetDataSource(DataSetConverter.Convert(dSet), "NewBusinessLog", "NB")
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = m_crReportDocument
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind()
End Sub
End Sub

Crystal has demos of logging onto subreports but they dont deal with dynamic DataSets. The documentation is really lacking, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back