Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS & Outlook - Email removed from Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushrick

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
My Boss, the big man of the company, had me set up his home and laptop computer to dial into our network using RAS.

I configured his Outlook (2000 and 2002) to check mail on our Exchange 2000 server.

The desktop (at home) connected and pulled all the email in Inbox.

The laptop pulled whatever was in the inbox between the time the desktop downloaded it and the laptop coming online.

Now at work, his Inbox is empty...all messages have been moved to the desktop at home and his laptop...

Why is that? What did I miss? How can I correct this?

Please advise!

Thanks,

Rick

Rushrick,
I'm working from memory here, so forgive me if you checked this or it's just plain wrong...
Isn't there a setting in the Mail account properties, that allows you to leave messages on the server. If that is set (to leave on server) on his desktop install but isn't set on the laptop, that would produce the effect your described. (I think. We use Notes so I'm in my own private H*ll !!)

dave

Sounds like Outlook was set to deliver mail to a personal folder rather than leave it on the Exchange server.

It is isn't specifed which machine is running which version so here is where this is set.

TOOLS - SERVICES - DELIVERY for the 2000 version.
TOOLS - E-MAIL ACCOUNTS for 20002

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back