Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS 10 : Failed to connect to server , PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfieman

Programmer
Oct 17, 2002
DK
hi everyone!

We have just recieved CRYSTAL REPORT V.10, containing the newest version of REPORT APPLICATION SERVER (RAS 10 or also called EAS 10).

For over 2 years we have been running reports from ASP pages perfectly fine, with the use of RAS 9. But after upgrading to version 10, we have ran into trouble.

I have installed the new version without any problems, but when i try to run a simple report i get the following error message :

clientdoc.dll (0x80041015)
Failed to connect to server "DIASQL2000". Error returned from Windows Sockets API : 0.

It fails when trying to open the report.
(see the simple ASP code below)

Function OpenReport(reportLocator)
'Uses the ObjectFactory to specify the RAS version of the objects that will be created.
Dim objectFactory
Set objectFactory = CreateObject("CrystalReports10.ObjectFactory.1")
'Stores the ObjectFactory in the user's session.
Set Session("ObjectFactory") = objectFactory
'Creates a ReportClientDocument object with the default version number.
Dim clientDoc
Set clientDoc = objectFactory.CreateObject("CrystalReports.ReportClientDocument")
'Sets the name of the RAS server that will be used to modify the open report.
clientDoc.ReportAppServer = RAS_SERVER_NAME
'Opens the report.
clientDoc.Open reportLocator
'Stores the OpenReport in the user's session so that it can be modified later.
Set Session("OpenReport") = clientDoc
'Sets the return value of OpenReport to the ReportClientDocument object.
Set OpenReport = clientDoc
End Function

Can anyone tell me what can be wrong?
Anyone experienced the same problem?

What i have checked:
* All of the services on the server where RAS 10 is installed is running (NOT STOPPED).
* There is only 1 RAS 10 installed on the network, therefore limitation that u can only have 1 RAS installed on the network is out of the question. The eventlog on the server would properly also tell.
* The path to the report I am trying to run is 100% correct, because this is the path we have been using for about 2 years;).
* The report I am trying to run is a Crystal Report 9 report, so I have tried to save the report in Crystal Report 10, but still get the same error message.

Regards
Jan Tovgaard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back