Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAS 10 ASP -need to display report based on NT event viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicam

Technical User
Jun 25, 2002
US
Am using Crystal Enterprise 10 Embedded edition and created ASP file based on beginhere samples to display Reports.(CR 10 Developer is also installed on same machine) Reports with SQL odbc data source are ok but one report has datasource of NT event viewer. When trying to bring up this with simple CE10_EE_Begin here samples gives messages:

webReporting.dll error '800002cd'
Failed to load database information. Details: The database DLL 'crdb_p2sevtc.dll' could not be loaded. Error in File E:\WINDOWS\TEMP\{A70655FB-3AC0-4DDF-87FA-52D20ECEE785}.rpt: Failed to load database information.

I checked that the crdb_p2sevtc.dll is present.

Hi,
Be sure the pageserver and jobservers are running under an account that has rights to read the event viewer ( Like the system Administrator account).

[profile]

thanks for the reply

there is only a Crystal Report Application Server- it is running under localsystem account

Hi,
Try switching it to run under the NT machine's administrator account as a test.

[profile]

Sorry for the delay in responding- i did not have privileges to change it myself so had to wait- BUT in the meantime due to other reasons we ended up having to re-intsall Crystal Reports 10 and the problem is now gone-
I don't like not knowing but at least it works...

thanks again -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back