Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raptor 6.02 vutured Internal errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgpjr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2002
US
Hi,

I've been running and using Raptor firewalls for years. I'm currently running 6.02 on NT 4.0 SP5 and usually never have problems. Last week I started receiving the follow error messages: 401 INTERNAL ERROR: Couldn't list user accounts (1723); 401 INTERNAL ERROR: LookupPriviledgeValue failed (1723; 401 INTERNAL ERROR: Could not set Priviledge (183). After I get these messages, the firewall doesn't allow traffic through, at least SMTP and HTTP, until I reboot. I get a lot of port-scanning messages and have seen some "pingd" messages as well. Any thoughts?

Rich

NT domain authentication? No

i am assuming you are seeing these errors in the NT logfiles. What does the firewall logfile say?

No, actually what I typed in the initial thread is exactly what was in the Raptor log. It's a stange problem. I suspect I was being hacked. I was hacked before through the raptor, but since then I've shut down some of those open ports. All of this vultured activity was last week and so far nothing this week. The vulture daemon shuts down illegal executables/services. I suspect someone was trying to remotely execute something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back