Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rapid Development of Input Forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
I have an application I am designing for clinicians. They have tons of paper forms that they use daily. I want to make these forms digital in my system that saves the data to a data base. Is there any tool or process that would allow me to quickly create these forms? I also would like to be able to easily modify them as some of the forms change once or twice a year. These are forms that come from the state for child welfare.

Thanks

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

I don't know of any tool to automate this for you. But if they forms are similar or you have groups of forms that are similar, then you can create one or more CSS files to format the layout.
You can get fancy (but not recommended) and save what fields need to be on what forms in the db. But this makes the pages harder to maintain.

Although the task may seem to be monotonous, I would simply create a page for each form, try to have control names the same across forms so that the CSS can be used across them. This would also come in handy if you are using JS or JQuery to do any validation, etc on the forms.

Thank you Sir. Those are all good suggestions. I have not had the pleasure of taking in your wisdom for some time. I actually am pretty busy these days and do not do a lot of frequenting the forums like I use to.

Thanks again.

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back