Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ranking Fields in a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

alorenzini

Technical User
Feb 20, 2008
US
I have a report that returns stats for barriers that client have for services.
First you need to enter the date parameters for the report via a dialog box (see attached)
That executes the report (See attached).
The report is based on a query called qryClientBarrier (See attached)

The individual barriers for the report use the following DCount expressions to get the counts:
=DCount("[ClientID]","qryClientBarriers","[bTransportation] =-1")
This is the contol source for each of the different categories of barriers (unbound textbox)

The client now wants a change to the report to show the barrier with the highes counts at the top and then descending after it.

So in this case, see attachment.
Low Math skills would be at the top
Transportation would be next followed by Child care and so on and so forth. Is something like this possible?

To bad no one can see your files. You need to post them to some place that is available to us. I think you should provide the table structure, some sample records, and desired display in the report. You can do all of this without any attachments/files.

I think you have an issue with your table structure being un-normalized. If you have multiple yes/no fields with names like "b..." then I would change the structure so the field name doesn't store data. The normalized structure might be much easier to report.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Great minds think alike, Duane. And sometimes mine tags along for the ride! :p

Paul
MS Access MVP 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back