Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rank to the top (search engine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

walle314

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2008
US
Does there exist such a strategy to bump your search ranking to the top in a prompt fashion?

ie. Let's say I work for Trek Enterprise and someone google searches "star trek". A list comes about, and at the top of the list are bad press releases about star trek. How would I go about replacing/bumping down those bad PR with good PR as quickly as possible?? Any strategies to this??? Thanks!!

The answer to this is "yes" you can. Oft used in reputation management areas (if there's bad press about your company for example).

If the competition is low then putting out articles to plug the top 10 with your site and some articles you wrote should do it.

In higher competition sectors (like star trek) you may have to take a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach and team up with some of the other sites that you wouldn't mind seeing in the top 10 and work together to raise all your sites up.

Hope that helps.

Mark Madson
Metro Hi Speed ( - professional internet fax solutions for any size business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back