Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Range in function

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjpearson

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
I've hit the wall. I think I've tried every possible combination and still can't get it to work. I've broken it down to the very simplest of tests and still can't get it to work. Can someone guide me to a solution?

I'm having problems with passing the RANGE to VLOOKUP. My spreadsheet has a range named "peak_hour_table" and in the table, the first column is comprised of dates. The second and third columns are times (decimals).

Code:
Function test_function(event_month As Date) As Date

test_function = _
    Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(CDate(event_month), _
    Worksheets("Seasons").Range("peak_hour_table"), _
    2)

End Function

Thanks, mike

Change your CDate to CLng, and it will work ( you must use the Long version of dates when doing VLOOKUP or MATCH on dates in VBA ).

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Also, I guess it might not matter but named ranges include the worksheet reference.

Oh no! It can't be that easy. I spent way to much time trying to figure it out only to be this simple.

Thanks Glenn,

Much appreciated.

My pleasure! :)

Cheers, Glenn.

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back