Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Randomly select records

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksolomon

MIS
May 6, 2002
US
Hello,
I have designed a database to administer an exam. In the database, I have 5 possible choices for Question 1, 5 possible choices for Question 2,..........
What I want to do is have the query randomly select one Question 1, one Question 2.........
I have tried using TOP and it does not work. Any suggestioins? Thanks.

So you have 5 choices for each questions that you have?

And want to randomly pick an answer?

Can i ask why you want to do this, and what you are trying to get out of it, so i have a better understanding of what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks

Take a look at the RND function.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

M8KWR,
I want to create a test with questions that are selected randomly. My database is created with 5 possible Question 1 questions, 5 possible Question 2 questions, ..........
Each question has 4 possible answers, 1 is flagged as correct. The program should randomly select one Question 1 question, one Question 2 question..........

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back