Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

randomize

Status
Not open for further replies.

natosubsonic

Programmer
Sep 17, 2003
AU
this is my code so far. i am building a a trivia based game i wish to randomize the forms. the names of forms are frmq1,frmq2 etc. is there any other ways to do this and what do i need to change or put in to make this code work. it is the second part. thanks for help.

Dim i As Integer

Private Sub btnstart_Click()
If opthard.Value = True Then
frmhard.Show
frmchoose.Hide
ElseIf opteasy.Value = True Then
Randomize
For i = 0 To 9
frmq(i).Show
frmchoose.Hide
Next
End If
End Sub

You don't need the for/next loop - check out the Rnd function. If you set up:

FormNo=Int((upperbound - lowerbound + 1) * Rnd + lowerbound) 'taken from documentation
frmq(FormNo).show

where lower bound=0 and upper bound =9 then I think you'd be just about there.

i still not really understanding that. i only just starting so a little explaination to it would help a lot. thanks. and were am i meant to put that.

i still not really understanding that. i only just starting so a little explaination to it would help a lot. thanks. and were am i meant to put that.

Dim i As Integer

Private Sub btnstart_Click()
If opthard.Value = True Then
frmhard.Show
frmchoose.Hide
ElseIf opteasy.Value = True Then
Randomize
FormNo = Int((upperbound - lowerbound + 1) * Rnd + lowerbound) 'taken from documentation
frmq(FormNo).Show
End If
End Sub

frmq is coming up as compile error sub or function not defined
is that what you meant or is there more i got to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back