Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Randomising CCT's by using the Set Variable Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drisk

Technical User
Dec 2, 2003
GB
I was just wondering if anyone had worked out good expression to use in a Set Variable statement to give a pseudo random call distribution on CCT's on V9.0 ACD?

The purpose is for our contingency routing when Interqueue fails whereby if a site fails it will dial to a contingency site. We dont want the cost of routing backout to a non geo to redestribute and equally don't want the current swamping of just one site when we have a failiure (as we currently do).

Hi,
at one site we use the length of ANI/CLI (0,<10,10,>10) to decide which of 4 sites to dial first.
Works fine in germany...
You could do some simple ANI-searches, in the different CCTs you set your variable to be used later on.

The target locations give busy based on talking agents or calls in queue. That way we dial them round robin. Not what an ACD is designed for, but it works. High traffic might be an issue then. Seperate T1/E1 for outbound are a must, and we had to put delays between the dial steps.

Thanks for the Help. Unfortunately in the UK all the customers CLI's are the same length.

I knwow, in UK, US and many other countries this is well organized...

Something else came to my mind...
Put every call in a dummy queue, perhaps let them wait some seconds before starting the dialouts.
Then you could select the first target by number of calls in that queue.
Then you could consider actual traffic (waiting Calls > 5, 10, 50...), set a 2nd. variable which will be used as divisor later, add the longest queue-time...
Don't know if you there is an operator like modulo in the set variable step, but that might help.
As I said, just some thoughts ;-)

Thanks for your help on this. In the end we decided to go down the path of non geo numbers.

You could do a super easy eFlow to do this with Contact Server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back