Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random Service Observe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
I have a VDN set up to do random service observes. Trainees dial the VDN, and hear live calls taking place. I have one VDN set up to observe a certain type of call, yet no calls can be observed. I can observe the call by using a feature access code and a rep's login ID, but no random observe is available. When the VDN is dialed it gives the confirmation tone that it's waiting for a call, but no calls ever come through.

What are the possibilities? There are very few production reps taking this type of call, I'm thinking it could be one of many things, like Witness is recording the call, the rep is being observed by another person etc etc.

The VDN is set up identically to all other monitoring VDNs.

If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

My understanding is that only one call may be monitored via service observe. If Witness is monitoring all calls on that VDN, you will not be able to monitor it. In short, your guess is as good as mine (literally).

ReallyRotten,

I am sorry - I don't have any feedback off the top - but would be interested in seeing how you set up your vector for a working Monitoring VDN versus the one that is not working

Thanks

The vectors are identical making troubleshooting difficult. It could be low call volume and no calls are being distributed to the funnel. I guess I am at a stand still until the call volume picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back