Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random power loss to phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldre

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2004
US
I've been seeing alot of users lose power to their phones sporadically during the day. At one time it was happening every 15 minutes. Somtimes it's only a certain TN line that it happens to, and today it was everyone in the building. Anyone know what may be causing it? Perhaps there's a setting?

if you are seeing groups of phones go down you should have some error messages.

prt your history in 22 and check the times you know it was happening and see whats going on. First place I would check anyway.

What type of switch do you have? Multi group or single group?

What's do I type in at LD 22 to see the history?

req prt
type ahst

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

must be a setting, ld 99, random power interupt

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I can't seem to find that setting. I want mine to be 25 hours 7 minutes starting the day after I retire.

i'm still looking, got to be here somewhere

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

1: It just rebooted again. Did the AHST, saw some errors on TN's but couldn't see anything about a reboot. Unless it's called something specific.

2. Any luck on the LD 99?

Reboot is not a system term, it's INI or SYS.

post the error codes here so we don't have to guess at whats wrong.

I’m sorry if I missed something here but what type of phone sets are we talking about,
M-Style line powered, VOIP, AC power assisted of some type.

we also missed system type as well as a reply.. 9 out of 10 users that start with this type of post do not have switch access..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Are the phones rebooting or loosing power. If they are rebooting, I have had the problem where full dhcp isn't working properly and duplicate IP addresses were showing up in element manager. Check in Element mngr to see if you have any duplicate IP addresses. Do an issetshow in element manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back