Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random Movie Clip Loader Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiesongwriter

Programmer
Sep 5, 2007
US
Hi there all of you experts :)

I am in desperate need of some help on the following:

I need a script to post on a timeline of a movie that will randomly load one of 9 movie clips onto a target within my flash movie. The 9 movie clips are in a folder called "cards" and are called card1.swf, card2.swf,...and so on up to card9.swf.

That being said, it would be an utterly fantastic bonus if there is a way to:
1) Have all of the clips play randomly one time each before repeating any (after that, it obviously can repeat them in any order)

2) Preload the swf files in the background while the main flash swf is playing (so that there is very little delay in having each card.swf come up when it is randomly chosen)

I have seen similar topics on this, but can't seem to apply it to my particular needs... so if anyone out there can help, it would be MUCH appreciated!!! :)

Also, if anyone does freelance programming, my company's clients are entertainment companies (tv, music, movies) and we are often looking for freelance flash programmers to hire here and there for programming that is a little more complicated than I can get into (I'm a designer first, programmer second).

Thanks!

I forgot to say that I named the instance of the target for the random movies to load onto "cardstage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back