Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random errors for one user. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustech

Technical User
Jul 5, 2006
US
User Error:

The following takes place between 8am and 5pm on any given day...but not necessarily every time--yes, making this even more irritating and delightful.

Scheduling an activity--generally a call back. I will complete a call, select the desired date in the future I'd like to try GM contact/record again and hit schedule. Then (wait for it)...nothing. Nothing shows under the pending tab of the GM contact/record. Now with that said, sometimes it works perfectly fine. It's the non-working times that are causing me to not follow up w/ potentials and even current customers for that matter. This is important to me for two reasons. 1) I should be able to provide good customer service to my accts. 2) If we do not contact a potential customer w/in 4 mos we lose the account. There are times currently when I am not calling on potentials because I do not know I need to as it doesn't reflect on my daily activity list. Clearly both of these present big problems for ol' Joey.

Another issue is the ability---or lack there of to pull activities on my call sheet for the day I initially scheduled them for. Some days GM will pull that day and show past day's activities/calls I did not get to for whatever reason. There are days I have to set my options to full year and/or 30 day window to get my calling materials for the day. Again, because of the sometimes/sometimes not nature of this issue it opens me up to not following up on GM contacts/records without me having a good way to track down who I'm missing without going through an entire year of contacts/records under my name.

Hi

Are you on GoldMine BCM (hosted to dBase) and if so are you maintaining the system regularly?

If on the dBase version and havent recently run maintenance then you need to re-index and pack and rebuild the system. Make sure you have a full backup before proceeding with this.

Hope this helps.

Andrea Ingham
Prior Analytics Ltd (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back