Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

fayettecom

Vendor
Jun 7, 2006
US
I have a Callpilot 100 on a CICS 7.1. It is setup to have calls on all four lines routed to the autoattendant on after 3 rings. The problem is that sometimes on the very first ring, the caller is routed to the voicemail of the prime DN of 221, and other times it is routed to the voicemail for DN 225. All lines are programmed the same in the callpilot and it seems like the problem can occur on any line at any time. Every line works correctly sometimes. Problem seems to be more frequent during peak usage of lines.
Is there a limit on CP100 for how many times the AA message can play at one time?

Kinda a wired issue. But there is no hunt groups or ringing services that may be triggering the problem is there?

There is one hunt group, but it is only used if someone press option 7 from the AA promts. When this unit misroutes a call to voicemail, 1 short ring is heard and then the caller hits the voicemail box for either 221 or 225. When it works right, there are 3 rings before the AA. Everytime it rings out, we know that the AA will pickup.

I should have mentioned that the CP100 is a refurb. Has anyone seen this kind of issue on a unit thats going bad.

Also, we already replaced the powersupply.

I do not see why the power supply would be an issue unless you could not power up the unit/channels correctly.

The lines may or may not appear on the operators set. Do they appear anywhere else?

Whoever has the lines does not hunt or forward before voicemail picks up? Also does not activate DND?

The lines do not belong in some ringing/routing service that is being turned on or set to automatic?

Thinking about other issues it could be at the moment.

I'd dial in on all lines independently, maybe 1 of the lines has a Centrex ring. I like Callenjs idea of a Service Mode on automatic.

Do x221, and x225 have ringing on incoming calls?

x221 and x225 do both ring when calls come in. I have tested on each line independantly and it seems to be completely random as to which line will dump straight into voicemail.
Would DND have any effect on the AA like callenj suggested?

DND will have no effect. Maybe, x221, or x225 have Call Forward on Busy to Vmail. So when on call a new call would go directly to Vmail. Have you checked service modes, any auto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back