Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Random 3904's on shelf disable during midnights

Status
Not open for further replies.

aheintz

Technical User
Sep 18, 2004
US
Currently running a Succession 3.0. Two weeks ago about half of the digital sets on one shelf disabled during the midnight routines. This affected all cards on the shelf but didn't affect all ports on a card. For example, ports 1,2,3,5,8,9 and 12 were disabled on card 0. All of these phones were plugged in and came back up as soon as I enabled all ports on the shelf.

Since then, this has happened on two more occasions on two completely different network shelfs. There is nothing common with the site cabling leaving any of these shelfs that would disable multiple sets if it had a problem. If I run midnights again after reenabling all of the sets, it doesn't disable them again. All digital sets are 3904's running firmware 83 - around 1300 total. I have other Succession 3.0's with older sets not showing this problem.

Has anyone seen this before?

I'VE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPENING, AND ALL THE PHONES HAVE THE LATEST FIRMWARE DOWNLOADED. I'VE EVEN CHANGED THE CONTROLLER CARD AND SUPERLOOP CARD EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO XPEC ERRORS, STILL DOWNING THEM FOR NO REASON. THIS IS ON AN 81C I HAVE A 61C WITH 3.0 SUCCESSION AND NO PROBLEMS WITH IT. STARTING TO SOUND LIKE SOFTWARE, WASN'T SURE IF ANYONE ELSE WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Did you check the release on the Dgtl LC (IDC in LD32). I fixed my dropping sets by replacing a later release on the DLC Card.

EVERY DLC ARE NT8D02GA IN MY SWITCH

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

My DLC's are also NT8D02GA rev 08. Not sure if that is significant or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back