Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ran Security wizard now I don't have administer permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdgeer

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
I tried to set up user permissions using the Security Wizard and now it's telling me (an Admin) that I don't have Administer permission. I created another user account belonging to the admins group for myself, set all the permissions in the Workgroups file, but when I log on it shows that I don't have administer rights. And I can't change them under "User and Group Permissions". I've checked FAQs and it seems I did everything right. What am I missing?! ARRGH!

Any tips anyone? Please???????

Just to follow up...I had to go to the back up database that security wizard created (Be careful it tries to save a copy as a .bak file. I changed it to .mdb before it saved) which did not contain any of the tables, queries, forms or reports I had in the orig. Can't understand how you could call that a back up) set the permissions under my user name as an admin and import everything into this new database. The original database that I ran the security wizard on is useless now. What a pain in the @$$! It's funny how I could set the permissions on any other db that I joined to the Workgroup ID except the one that I ran the security wizard on. Maybe its just me but Security wizard is not exactly a wiz.

I agree that the Security wizard is not a wiz. I feel like I am going in circles trying to establish security. Luckily I created my own backup before I started playing with security.

It seems simple, but it is not. At one point, I had security set properly, but then Access (2003) stopped requesting a user ID and password. I assume it now stores my credentials in the registry and logs me on automatically.

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back