Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ram Speed Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattons

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
US
Hey folks. I have a simple enough question. Since everything is basically a multiplication of the PCI bus speed i.e. PCI bus X 3=CPU FSB(PCI bus X 3 X 4= P4 FSB), let me know if this is right. My PCI bus is set at 38 MHz, with CPU/DRAM ratio of 3:5. Now my P4 is running at 1849 MHz, with an FSB of 460 MHz (38X3=115X4=460). So this being the case, my Samsung DDR PC2700 333MHz DRAM should really be running at 380MHz right(38X5=190X2=380MHz)? Does anyone know of a utility I can download from the net that will tell me what frequency my DDR is actually running at? I have both WCPUID and MemTach, neither report the actual operating frequency of the DRAM. Any clues ?

Pattons

[pc3]
[cheers]

P.S. I also have Sandra Standard 2002, no luck there on the RAM frequency either

Pattons

nothing new, I'm just trying to keep this on the first page so more people see it. sorry to be a post hog.

Pattons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back