Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ram problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdietz

Technical User
Jan 1, 2000
US
Not sure if its the Ram or not, but my computer locksup up when 1) I burn a cd and its 5-10 minutes into recording 2.)I try to save attachments in Forte Agent and 3)Whenever I put a heavy workload on the machine.It will not lockup during any games. I`ve closed all programs that are running and it still does it. SiSandra says I have 64 megs physical memory with only 364k free. I`m running a P2 350 w/ 64 Ram.

I assume you're running NT? Check your task manager to see what other processes are running and how much memory they are using. Check your Start&gt;Run keys in the registry and the Startup program group for other applications you may not be aware of. With only 64MB of RAM it's not unusual to have very little free RAM on a NT system. Check the settings on our page file and make sure it can expand to at least 128MB, then make sure the disk the page file is on has at least that much free space. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Try dumping some TSR's. This might free up some RAM so you won't have any more problems.<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back