Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM Mx on SCO open Server 5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
US
Can anyone tell me if there is a maximum amount of RAM SCO Openserver 5+ can "see" or cache. I have a server with 164 right now. I try to take it to 256 and it crashes. Tried a 256 chip same thing. New board same thing. Only thing I can think of is a bug in SCO.
Help is needed

Jim

I´ve had a Sco Openserver 5.0.4 with 256 Mb RAM and a 5.0.5 with both 256 and 512.
The server was Compaq 3000 and ML530.
What machine did you try it on? Nostradamus

These are custom built. I am not sure why we are having RAM limitations. We have sold to customers in the last year 150+ SCO servers and ALL of them appear to have this limit.

Perhaps it could be a bug in your version of SCO but their limits regarding amount of RAM is way over 256 Mb.
What version of SCO are you running on those servers? Nostradamus

At what point does it crash? Have you done the CMOS setup thing and told the bios it has some extra memory?
Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com

The machines are PII and PIII machines. The OS is CO Openserver 5.5. It crashes at different points.

We use a couple of machines with 4GB of RAM, so it's definitely not the amount of memory!

Annihilannic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back