Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM is not working in a particular PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshal

Programmer
Feb 1, 2002
IN
I have an intel celeron 1.1 Pc with 815EEP2 intel Motherboard with 512 SDRAM support.I have changed one 128 MB RAM but it is not working in my PC, working in other PCs perfectly.I have checked the RAM slots and they are perfectly working.I have interchanged the RAMs between the slots still not working.Giving the SPD detected message.Pl. suggest the remedy. Thanks in advance

Did you go to the support site for the manufacturer and make sure that it is compatible with your system?

Also, it is a good idea to buy RAM, CPU and motherboard together so that all are compatible and under warranty. It is important on many mbd's to use matched memory, since there can be slight mfg differences to cause timing errors, etc.

What happens if you substitute good known ram for yours? Call a rep from Crucial for example as ask them for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back