Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAM increase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

parker309

MIS
Jul 27, 2000
US
I am running Exchange 2000 and am noticing a substantial increase in the RAM usage. I have only 14 users accessing via IMAP and OWA and my RAM usage just keeps going up and up. In Exchange 5.5 you could run the optimizer to help out with this issue. Is there something similar in E2K? Thanks in advance.

Exchange 2000 is self-optimizing. It will continue to use RAM as needed. My Exchange 2000 server which is also running DHCP and DNS will start out at about 260 Megs of RAM after a reboot and climb up to about 390 before leveling off. I have 10 users on it.

This is DBA. Leave the server alone this isn't a problem. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Hard drive speed is more important than ram when it comes to exchange.

If you already have 1GB Ram then look at the processor or drives... Just cause its all used doesn't mean you need more :)

Fast drives are good! Mirror OS, Mirror Logs, RAID 5 the database. I personally didn't have any performance issues with a big RAID 5 for everything and under 5000 users on a box. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back