Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ram Compatibility Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullshoot

Technical User
Sep 2, 2001
US
Hi all,
I am working on an older pb multimedia 415. Problem is i cant get any ram to work in it. From what i can find out, it has a FM530 motherboard that should support 128 meg of ram. A spec sheet i found on the net says "standard ram". I have tryed several different combos and cant get anything to work. The 64 meg chips show up as 16 meg and the 32 meg chips show up as 8 meg. About all i have to go on is what was already in this system. One of the chips is a 32meg pc100 4x64 at 8n. This is 168 pin ram. I bought 2 64 meg chips with the same configuration and it will not work. I tryed 2 32 meg chips with the same configuration and it will not work either. I mean, it works, just not at the amount it should be. I have also checked all the ram in another system to be sure it is ok.
Any ideas?????

thanks
wpashe@citcom.net
william

See if there is a bios flash upgrade on the motherboard manufactures website and or information about memory size/compatibility issues. Martin Just trying to help, sometimes falling short, I am only human after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back