Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

railroad tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotton12

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
Why is it when I pencil in a thin line (.5 pt.), duplicate it onto itself, bold up the line (4 pt.), convert that bold line to short dashes to give a railroad appearance, Coreldraw won't allow me to make the dashes short enough or at the proper distance from each other to give this railroad appearance that is universally displayed on most maps.

I am guessing you are using the quick drop down choices - and not going into the line styles editing box?

If you click the Outline Tool, and select the first choice (Outline Pen Dialog (F12)), under the Style options, select Edit. This will show a a series of boxes, and a slider. The slider sets the spacing between the dashes, and the number of boxes you "blacken" in changes the characteristics of the dash. If the dash is too long, take some off the end, and move the slider to the appropriate distance for correct spacing. You could "add" that preset for future use.

BTW, I am using X3, and don't have 12 installed. The procedure may be slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back