Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid showing as H: drive instead of C: drive 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petzl

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
AU
Hi. Got a new PC and decided to try to setup raid for the first time. I setup things and eventually figured out to get raid up and running. Raid 1 and installed XP. I didn't notice at first that the raided drive was showing as H drive so I cannot say whether it was that way or not at first but I then added an old drive which showed up as C drive (this old drive is only a data drive).

My question is where did I screw up? Can I make the raid drive a C: drive or am I right in assuming I would need to start from scratch? Motherboard is a GA-EP45-DS4P.

Please excuse my ignorance!

Thanks...Petzl

I would suggest that you first unplug that DATA drive, then remove any USB storage devices, including any card readers that may be attached to the USB headers...

then delete the RAID or FORMAT it new... and reinstall...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

YUP...my money's on the card reader! Caused me to install XP to an "F" drive once...ever since then all devices are unplugged during OS install. There's too many reasons why your boot drive should be C:, just do it!

Tony

Users helping Users...

Thanks guys......turns out your were 100% correct. I took out the SATA plugs and thought that would do the job but it didn't and still had to unplug the USB from the MOBO. Up and running now so much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back