Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landyman72

Technical User
Sep 30, 2010
AU
I ave been trying to set up a RAID 1 array.

I have a Sil3114 PCI card with 4 SATA ports.

I have installed the drivers etc for the card which shows as OK under Device Manager in XP.

When I plug the drives into the SATA ports on the card I get to the BIOS setup screen where it says to press CRTL-S or F4 to enter setup, but it will not let me into the setup as it only sees ones hard drive - either 0 if in the first port or 1,2,3 if in the others. I have tried different combinations ( 0-1, 1-2, 2-3, 0-2, 1-3 or using all the ports) but it only picks up the first drive.

If I disconnect all drives and boot into Windows then connect the drives it shows them all (2x1TB + 2x2TB), but when I try to use the GUI to set up the arrays it goes through the steps of picking drives, what type of RAID (want 1, but have tried 0 too) and then starts the process. It then gives an error of Invalid Device Index. Return Code 13 then Invalid Array Index. Return Code 11.

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L which does not show as supporting raid, but would that make a difference with the add in PCI card? 4G RAM Win XPSP3

Any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back