Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID on an ASUS P4C800 DELUXE -UAY0 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dufresnem

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
CA
I have an open ticket with ASUS Tech Support and no one is getting back to me. Can anyone help???

I have a P4C800 DELUXE -UAY0 motherboard. Could you please provide me with instructions on how to implement RAID 1 under Netware 5.1. There are no instructions anywhere to be found.

Current Config:
I have one 120GB SATA drive (DOS and Netware SYS volume partition), connected to the onboard Promise PDC20378 controller booting a Netware 5.1 server w/ SP7 and POST SP7 fixes applied. Server is working perfectly in this configuration.

ISSUE
I have just recently purchased another 120GB SATA drive and want to implement RAID 1 under Netware 5.1. How do I accomplish this?

1- Should each SATA drive be connected to a seperate SATA controller? (i.e. DOS and Netware SYS volume partition connceted to SATA,RAID1 controller and Blank drive connected to SATA,RAID2 controller.

2- How to configure the BIOS to support RAID 1 implementation under Netware?

3- Under your MBFastBuilld Utility(RAID array program), I presume I would select RAID 1 (Security) Creating a Security array with existing Data.

4- If the above setup is correct, then how does Netware see the array? Is there any special utility I need to load on the server to manage the array?

Need assisstance and complete instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back