Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID O and win xp prob...help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eunos800

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
I am new to raid,( not actually a techie professional but had to make some choice at registration LOL). I have finally figured out how to set up the array, and pressed f6 during clean install of XP. used promise raid drivers on floppy, and continued install.When I view "my computer" raid drive is there but only shows as the size of one of the two drives. have used win xp disk to diskpart and format in fat32 PRIOR to installing the raid drives. O/S is on seperate drive on IDE0. Just cant seem to work out how to format the two raid drives as one big disk?? Please help. Details...
gigabyte 851exp m/bo (intel 845e chip)
p4 1.9 gighz
1 gig ddr2700 ram
IDE0 drive is 40 gig master
raid0 (striped)2x 40 deskstars, one on each raid cable as master.
win xp
promise lite raid (controller on board)
In RAID bios setup and config it shows up ok as one big 120 gig drive. XP shows it as a promise raid drive, but only as half the size...IE 60 gig. Also says something about it having unpartioned spce of 60 gig...so I guess it is somrthiing to to with me not having formatted them correctly. I need a step by step idiots guide to firmatting /fdisking these two drives as one i think !! TYIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back