Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RAID Manager software for win

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkDiver

Programmer
May 30, 2006
UA
I met some documentation on winnt raid management sofwere but couldn't find any source to download it. Would appreciate any help. tnx

This forum is for Sun Solaris (i.e. Unix) RAID solutions, so you're asking in the wrong place.

Annihilannic.

Having said that, Veritas Volume Manager is very good software RAID which can be used on many Unix platforms and Windows, so that might be worth a look.

Annihilannic.

It's ok now. I managed to instal RAID Manager for Solaris. Would you please advice any back-up software?

It depends very much on how big the system is, what device(s) you want to back up to, etc... you could use anything from standard utilities like tar, cpio, ufsdump up to network based backup tools like Legato Networker and Veritas NetBackup.

Annihilannic.

thanks alot. and one more question :)
Can you advice any software to evaluate input-output capasity of A1000 storage, for solaris sparc 9. Drive I/O speed e.t.c.
It's said in technical characteristic that A1000 can work with 36 gb drives Ultra SCSI 160. but we plugged 72 gb drives Ultra SCSI 320 and it work as well ... nice )

tnx alot. sorry 4 my stupid questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back