Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid level change on FAStT700

Status
Not open for further replies.

farhsyed

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2001
Hi,

I would like to change the Raid Level from Raid5 to Raid1, I have got enough disks available on FASt, the storage is FAStT700 & the type of FS is RawLv which is mounted from AIX 5.2 p series box. I am aware that there is an option to change the raid level on FASt, but I would like to know the consequences if the Fs type is RAW, for JFS, I think its going to be the simple change but for RawLv's, I want to make sure before attempting the change.

Can any one help me clarify the issue.

Farhsyed

To my little knowledge, i think you can do this on the fly without effecting the connected servers.

But you can as well test this (knowing that you have extra space on SAN) by creating a new LUN, allocating it to one of the servers, creating a rawlv on it and then change the RAIDing on the array (for example from 5 to 1). It should work fine logically.

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back