Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Raid How Many Hard Drives on ABIT AV8???

Status
Not open for further replies.

killbuzz

Technical User
Mar 21, 2001
US
Okay I have an ABIT AV8 MOBO with two SATA Connectors. Im really confused on how many RAID DRIVES i can connect to this one MOBO..

I do video editing so i want to back up my work of course, so what can I do. Could i buy a PCI ATA card and install it to add more Drives?

right now I own two 200GIG HD and one (40GIG which my windows is on) I would like to add both 200 gigs as a RAID and keep my 40gig for windows and other stuff.
Then add two more 200 gigs as a back up.

I will more then likely get Bigger hard drives, but i would like to know how would I add the four HARD DRIVES to this comp when it only has two SATA connectors. In the Manual it states SATA 150 RAID (Supports SATA 150MB/s RAID 0/1)

Can someone help me

Thanks

If you're talking all SATA drives for the larger ones, you'll have to buy a SATA PCI expansion card I would think (as you say it has only 2 SATA connectors - so just one SATA RAID array). You do have the 2 normal IDE connectors of course - so up to 4 IDE drives (including CD/DVD drives).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back